Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sloane: The Ultimate SMC Dining Experience

For those of you who don't know, our main dining hall on campus is the Green Mountain Dining Hall, though we SMCers tend to refer to it as "Alliot". We also have The Knight Stand and Cafe Cheray, but our real dining treat is Sloane (more formally called "Knights at the Round Table"), located in Sloane Hall on North Campus! As opposed to Alliot, which is self-serve and all-you-can-eat, Sloane treats you to fine dining with an appetizer, main course, and dessert, all waited on you! Here's what a typical Sloane menu looks like:



 I just recently went to Sloane for the first time, and it was AWESOME! Here are some pictures I took of our fine dining experience:

Roasted Squash with lemon tahini sauce & Turkish cous cous.
Yum!
My choice of dessert: cannoli! It really took
me back to my Italian neighborhood in
the Bronx :)

Everyone else's choice of dessert:
cupcakes!

To make a reservation for Sloane (I know, fancy, right?), all you have to do is call a number and reserve a table for how many people you intend to dine with! Then you just use your knight card as a regular swipe and you're all set! I would definitely recommend NOT waiting until your second semester of sophomore year to go to Sloane! You don't want to miss out on all of the great meals like I did!

Hope everyone is having an awesome week! I'll check back in soon!

Lauren =)




No comments:

Post a Comment