Tuesday, April 17, 2012

So.... How's The Weekend Life?

Though I am sure that many of you are more than eager to learn about the academic life here at St. Mike's, I am also sure that many of you are bound to wonder about the weekend. What do we do? How much is there to do in Burlington? In Vermont? On campus?

While we do have plenty of opportunities for fun on the weekend, it honestly depends on what you like to do. This past weekend was pretty busy (and fun!!) for me, so I figured talking about my weekend would help to give you insight into the many opportunties we have here at St. Mike's and in Vermont.

Starting with Friday...
My friend Laura Dam has been dying to see Titanic... so this Friday we finally went! Freshmen are allowed to have cars on campus during their second semester so we drove to the Majestic 10 in Williston, which is only a 10-15 minute drive from St. Mike's, and saw Titanic in 3-D! I loveeeed the 3-D experience! If you don't have a car on campus and ever want to go out with your friends and see a movie, you can certainly take the Essex 2 Junction bus that comes right to Saint Mike's with your Knightcard and go right down to Cherry Street! You'll find the Roxy theater, one of downtown Burlington's many gems! It's really popular on weekend nights, so you're bound to have a great time!








Then on Saturday...
I woke up bright and early to go to the Jay Peak Pump House Water Park with DREAM!! For those of you who don't know, Jay Peak is typically a ski resort but they've just added a new waterpark!  The kids had SUCH a great time, and so did the mentors! There's this one water slide that drops you 60 feet per second! It's insane, so of course I was too chicken to go on it, but mentors and mentees did it multiple times and never seemed to get tired of it!



And Saturday night...
I had a blast at the VITA  Girls' Sleepover! We stayed in the upper room of the chapel watching movies, eating tons of junk food, and we even had our breakfast made for us by the lovely Alex Byrne!! It was a great time to relax with some of my best friends and enjoy myself!!



And Sunday...
I went to the SMC Earthfest going on in Ross! There was tons of free food, including fair trade chocolates and Ben & Jerry's fair trade ice cream! There was also a smoothie bike and great music from Mission South! And finally, to finish off my weekend, I went to the 7 PM student mass. If you're ever on campus with your family, you should join us for mass and check it out! We'd love to welcome you!!


I had a lot of fun this weekend, and if you decide to come to St. Mike's, you will too! There's so much to do, both on campus and off, and I can assure you that no matter what you choose to do on the weekends here, you will always know that you are at home! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment